StorNext Connect, an easy-to-use tool set that simplifies the installation, discovery, management and monitoring of StorNext environments. Designed for Quantum StorNext 5 appliances and initially delivered as part of the company's StorNext Pro Solutions, StorNext Connect enables users to deploy or upgrade their StorNext systems and identify and resolve issues quickly to maximize performance and uptime.
StorNext Connect Provides:
- An intuitive, self-guided interface that makes it easy to install StorNext software and view all StorNext resources — storage, CPU, memory and network interconnect — and their connections within a single graphical view;
- Tools for monitoring performance characteristics, including throughput and latency;
- Detailed information about individual components, with data including real-time status and historical trends;
- System management tools that facilitate upgrades of metadata controllers and clients, individually or in groups; and
- Graphs of real-time activity, performance and usage that support rapid troubleshooting of performance bottlenecks.
For StorNext installations that incorporate tape libraries, StorNext Connect also provides a view of I/O status along with real-time performance, historical trends and archive media statistics across disk and tape. Users can monitor their tape resources to determine how much of the library's tape media is in use and identify how much of their archived content has been vaulted.
Over the next year, Quantum plans to incorporate additional features into StorNext Connect, including: greater visibility and control over larger, more complex deployments; expanded hardware monitoring and optimization; and additional diagnostic and troubleshooting tools. "StorNext Connect is a true game changer for media production. Not only is workflow storage management so much easier, but the greatest benefit is how simple it is to optimize and troubleshoot your deployment." Mike Cavanagh, President, Key Code Media
"StorNext Connect is an important addition to the Quantum StorNext platform, as it enables users to improve the efficiency of their workflow and reduce management complexity. Media production is highly deadline-driven, involving many storage operations and users, and anything that interrupts the operations is costly. With StorNext Connect, administrators can quickly resolve issues that arise in production and prevent others from occurring." Alex Grossman, Vice President, Media and Entertainment, Quantum