Unless you’ve been hidden in a cave for the last year you will know the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into force on 25th May 2018.
Our technological advances in recent years and the way we handle data has evolved vastly. We create, capture and store data in a completely different way than 25 years ago, which is why GDPR has been created. It will change how businesses and public-sector organisations can handle the information of customers.
With many companies adopting a flexible working environment ensuring the safety of data and working applications on mobiles and tablets is imperative. Without a successful security strategy in place, your organisation could suffer the financial, regulatory and reputational consequences that follow a serious data-security breach, with penalties resulting in fines of up to 4% of an organisation’s global annual turnover or €20M, whichever is higher.
What is Mobile Device Management?
MDM allows your IT Department to secure, monitor, integrate and manage all workplace devices such as smartphones, tablets and laptops. The MDM will optimise the functionality and security of mobile devices within the working environment, whilst also protecting the corporate network and any corporate data that has been downloaded or synced to the mobile device.
How can MDM assist with GDPR?
- Visibility of Device Utilisation– TramsCloud will allow authorised personnel to run reports on who’s gaining access to business data remotely. Knowing this information will assist in your GDPR compliancy.
- Device Security Threats– Any data you hold must not be hacked and your customers information must be kept secure. Protecting your devices from cyber threats is an important element of GDPR.
- Personal and Business Data– MDM allows you to monitor and restrict an employee’s personal access on work devices. Plus, you can keep their data secure.
TramsCloud – the Premium MDM
As an enhanced version of Jamf Pro, TramsCloud allows administrators to remotely access and/or control end user devices to maintain security and troubleshoot issues. TramsCloud can easily support thousands of devices in any location around the world, with central cloud-based management and local distribution points.
Companies can remotely monitor the entire workforce’s mobile usage, block certain Apps or create a procedure for downloading certain work applications, such as DropBox, Slack, Adobe etc.
Furthermore, Trams is fully authorised to auto-enrol products directly into Apple’s DEP from our own systems. The DEP integration ensures zero-touch deployment so when the user receives their new Mac/iOS device and it’s fully work compliant upon receipt.
How can TramsCloud help with GDPR?
- With TramsCloud you can divide personal and business data
- Wipe devices remotely should they be lost
- Monitor and restrict applications across all devices
- Encrypted back-up
- Plus much more
Find out more information on Mobile Device Management and TramsCloud at our MDM page alternatively you can contact us directly.
But whatever you do, make sure your devices are secure.